Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Final Countdown! [Insert Dramatic Music Here]

Clearly, I am struggling to remain frequent on my blog posts. But David seems to be doing great with his EOD blog - if you haven't checked it out, then do it now! Then come back and read this blog.

So, what are we counting down to now? Another Race! In November, exactly one month from yesterday (eeeek!), David and I will be heading to Catalina Island for the Eco Marathon. Before your head spins around, I'll be running the 10k, not the marathon. David, however, will be running the full monty! [wild applause]. Nothing to sneeze at though, this 10k race (a little over 6 miles), will be my longest (distance) race so far. 


(image from www.catalinaconservancy.org)

Hmmm....guess that means I need to run more. And run more by myself since David will be running a different race. Although half the fun of running is doing it with my partner in life/crime (and occasionally Jax), it feels a little exciting and challenging that we are both working towards a separate personal goal. The comfort and happiness is still there -knowing that we are supporting each other while we're pursuing it.

All in all, looks pretty neat. Neither David nor I have been to Catalina before, and the Eco Marathon was named the "Best Island Run" 2012 by Runner's World. How awesome! Speaking of Runner's World, their last issue was great. I picked it up in an airport during recent travels and thoroughly enjoyed it. For one, it definitely clarified this mysterious "negative split" that I hear about. Now that I know what it is, and in theory, how I'm supposed to get it, I can try it out on the road. We'll see how that goes. 

That's it for now! Check back this weekend - I should have a few posts up including some "what's cookin'" and our adventures in dog agility with Jax.

As my dear friend Jay says, Eat well. Love well. Live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment