Friday, September 7, 2012

I.Am.So.Behind. - Parade of Pastries, Part Drei

I can't believe it's been over a month since the last post...although a lot has been going on - David and I had our wedding in Virginia Beach this past weekend. And much like these Blackberry and Honey-Vanilla Goat Cheese Tarts, oh how sweet it was.

Here's the original recipe that I modified: http://www.pastryaffair.com/blog/2012/3/25/blackberry-goat-cheese-tart.html


A couple of notes:
- I surely did not have time to make my own tart shells, and the puff pastry shells worked great instead! I followed the directions on the package, then let them cool before I filled them
-I didn't want to re-bake the pastry shells, so I omitted the egg in the filling
-I only used 2 tbsp of honey, and also added a splash of vanilla in the filling
-When I stuffed these, I put blackberries on the bottom, dolloped in the filling, then warmed in the oven for 5 minutes at 350. Afterwards, I garnished with the blackberries....and would have added a basil or mint leaf if I had any.

Ideas for serving:
-Perfect for a brunch treat or a light dessert
-Would be tasty to warm and thicken some jam as a bed for the pastry
-This would become very decadent with a raspberry or white chocolate drizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment