Did anyone see the 2005 version of The Fog? No? Neither did I - after all it received a 5% on Rotten Tomatoes by critics and only a 35% by the audience (which is usually incredibly more forgiving, I would know). But if I did see the movie, I'm pretty sure it would be based off the normal Monterey afternoon.
This is what I came home to this afternoon: a perfectly clear day in one part of town - and the fog rolling in like slow wave over the Monterey Pines in another. I never thought of fog as a living being until I experienced the weather here on the peninsula.
The Monterey Peninsula Toy Box tells us not to complain about the fog, and in fact it is truly a sight to behold. Sitting on your back patio, watching the fog roll overhead, the slow wave engulfing you in a matter of minutes and as they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes..."
This is what I came home to this afternoon: a perfectly clear day in one part of town - and the fog rolling in like slow wave over the Monterey Pines in another. I never thought of fog as a living being until I experienced the weather here on the peninsula.
The Monterey Peninsula Toy Box tells us not to complain about the fog, and in fact it is truly a sight to behold. Sitting on your back patio, watching the fog roll overhead, the slow wave engulfing you in a matter of minutes and as they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes..."

No comments:
Post a Comment